2.25.2011

FEATURE FRIDAYS: JENNY

I've been wanting to feature this blogger for a while, so I'm very happy to introduce the amazingly stylish Jenny:

I asked Jenny some questions, here's what she had to say:
1. How tall are you? 5'5" and a half, right in between 5'5" and 5'6"
2. What do you do? I am a full-time college student, and I work part-time at my school.
3. What motivated you to start blogging? I've always been into blogging, whether it was Xanga, Livejournal, Tumblr, etc. Over the years, blogging just became a natural and easy way to express myself and relieve stress. As for my 'fashion blog,' I was motivated to start it after my friends kept bugging me about my outfits and how I have too many clothes. They told me that I needed to document all of my outfits so that I'd know exactly what I have and then grow from there.
4. You recently took a trip to New York City, what was your favorite part of NYC? I'm a foodie so I think my favorite part was the rich food and culture of New York.  I chased so many great restaurants and food carts all around New York, it was amazing. I know New York is known for its fashion forward inhabitants but it was too cold to notice anyone!
5. How do you put together such amazing creative outfits?! This might sound weird but I'm influenced by a lot of random things I come across throughout my days... sometimes my outfits are influenced by the song I'm listening to, the color of the sky outside, or the color of my nails even. I have fun with layering and mixing different patterns and textures. I don't like planning out my outfits too much, I try to stay in tune with how I'm feeling at the moment, and then I attempt to channel that.

6. You seem to have more of an East Coast style, although you live in California, who/what inspires the way you dress? I like the pristine and clean look of the East Coast, but I find myself also immersed in the feel and look of beaches, wildlife, and desert here in California so I sometimes mix the two. I love Alexa Chung's effortless style, indefinitely. I also admire Rachel Bilson, Chloe Sevigny, the Olsen twins, Lauren Conrad, and Kate Bosworth. Of course I never end up emulating their looks (I could never afford their styles as a working college student!) I just end up throwing on whatever's sitting in my closet and whatever fits my mood lol.
7. What sparked your interest in fashion? I've aways admired fashion from afar-I loved reading fashion magazines ever since I was young-but I think my interest in fashion was sparked more so by online fashion communities like Chictopia and Lookbook. Seeing normal girls (who weren't necessarily stick skinny, or who weren't towering at 5'11"+) style themselves beautifully was so inspiring.

Jenny is a 21 year old blogger and student from California. She blends the elements of both the East Coast and the West Coast to create intricate yet seemingly effortless looks. Her style truly inspires me.

Be sure to check out her blog Jenny From the Block!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's so gorgeous! Great Feature!!

M. R. J. said...

thank you so much for the comment. hope we can follow each other. i'm vertically challenged as well hence the love for louboutins!

lovelouboutins.blogspot.com

ediot said...

hi darling. thanks for stopping by me, your blog is so nice, and this feature is so great! im right off to check out her blog after seeing more of yours,
hope you're having a good monday

x

cody said...

great blog.

codyjune.com

The Style Rawr said...

Ooooooooh Jenny is hawt, loving her style! I have those Topshop cargo jeans- cuttttttte :)

Tara

www.thestylerawr.com

XoX

Anonymous said...

Really, stickers decals graphics album is a treasure of
memories - pleasant, thrilling, exciting
and funny memories. Despite the loss of branding.
And much faster First, I will teach you editing tricks that professionals use.
Jiangsu Province is still ample supply of waste paper stock, to general maintenance, it can heat up pretty dramatically.
Products such as household cleaners can linger
in your lungs and eyes. Most photo stickers decals graphics houses offer the same quality of work they
are offering their services online.

Here is my blog post; create stickers